How to arrange your visit to Bangladesh:
1. Apply online as Exhibitor.
2. Receive confirmation and invitation letter from EBEE2020 by e-mail.
3. In case you need to have a visa to enter Bangladesh, please proceed to the nearest diplomatic mission of Bangladesh.
Note that holders of an EU passport can generally request a visa on arrival (VOA) for stay not exceeeding 30 days. Visa fees may vary from country to country; therefore, it is recommended that you have enough cash on you (USD 50-100) to cover the visa costs as you arrive. No payment by banking card will be accepted.
4. Buy your plane ticket: Turkish Airlines, Quatar Airways, and Emirates operate regular flights from Europe with short layovers in Istanbul, Doha, and Dubai. Biman Bangladeshi Airlines operates weekly four flights from the UK.
5. Inform us about your flight number and date of arrival.
6. Do not forget to print out the (1) invitation letter, (2) the event schedule, and (3) your hotel reservations (vouchers will be sent to you one week prior to the trip).
7. One of our representatives will be waiting for you at the airport with the logo of EBEE2020 and your name written on a board.
Bangladesh is a very friendly, but conservative country. In addition to bringing along your usual business attire, please do not forget to pack clothing that covers your arms and legs to avoid causing offence. For women, a headscarf is useful if you want to enter religious buildings. Because of the tropical heat, wear loose-fitting, breathable fabrics. Many female travellers buy a salwar kameez (a loose fitting shirt and trousers) and a dupatta scarf, which can double as a head covering. In case you have left some clothes at home, do not worry: Bangladesh is the world's largest producer of high quality clothes at an extremely affordable price.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months past your arrival date
- Arrange for appropriate travel insurance
- Inform your debit-/credit-card company you are travelling to Bangladesh
- Check the latest travel advisory warnings for Bangladesh
- Do not forget to bring a sunhat, sunblock, and mosquito-repellent (in case you are visiting Cox's Bazar on an optional basis)